Dean of Students
DEAN OF STUDENTS
Briefly stated, the Dean of Students is responsible for student life. This position covers a multitude of activities and responsibilities including:
1. Working with Student Success and Capstone programs
2. Overseeing the operation of the SUB
3. Coordinating student employment
4. Advising students
5. Coordinating spiritual formation that includes Chapel services
6. Editing and publishing the yearly student handbook
7. Being the first point of campus/student discipline
8. Working with leaders of student organizations
9. Approving/disapproving all student activities
10. Supervising the Student Government Association
11. Working with students in planning and promoting the Spring Banquet and Homecoming
12. Producing the annual yearbook, “Guiding Light”
13. Serving on the Administrative Team and Executive Team, and chairing the Chapel Committee
The Jacksonville College Dean of Students is Kaley Dean. Kaley was born in Dallas to Phillip and Jan Lybrand. Phillip is a Deacon at First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, and Jan serves as the church office manager and pianist. Kaley’s grandfather, Buddy Aultman, directs outreach and education at First Baptist and serves as Director of Development and Alumni at Jacksonville College. Kaley is married to Matthew Dean, and they are members at Mixon Missionary Baptist Church where Matthew serves as pastor. Matthew is currently pursuing his Master of Divinity degree at the BMA Theological Seminary. Kaley is a graduate of Jacksonville College and has a Master’s Degree in Communication from Dallas Baptist University. She comes from a long line of family members (15) who have attended Jacksonville College.
Kaley shares that the reason she serves at Jacksonville College is “because God called me to the place where He wanted me.” She feels that her job is “to offer opportunities for students to serve as leaders and Christ followers on and off campus.” Kaley is a real asset to the Jacksonville College family.
Jacksonville College Dean of Students Kaley Dean
Matthew Dean, pastor of Mixon Missionary Baptist Church, speaks in Chapel.
In Chapel on October 22, Donny Parrish, chief creative officer of the BMAA, encouraged students to share Jesus with everyone, regardless of their background.
Winter Term Enrollment October 1 through December 15
Winter Term Session I December 15, 2014 - January 9, 2015 (online and traditional courses)
Winter Term Session II January 2- 12, 2015
(traditional classroom courses)
Spring Term Enrollment Begins November 1
Fall Concert Featuring the JC Choir and Band November 10 at 7:00 p.m. in Buckner Chapel
Fall Show: I Hate Hamlet November 13-15 at 7:30 p.m. in the new theater on the Joe Wright campus
Christmas Show: Christmas Cards December 4 at 8:00 p.m. in Buckner Chapel