Business Office Frequently Asked Questions

Do you offer a payment plan?

Yes, but only in the Fall & Spring terms. It is the total bill divided into four equal payments over a four month period. The first payment is due during the first week of school, and the remaining payments are due on the 15th of the following three months. You must sign a written agreement with the Business Office for each semester that you wish to pay out.

How do I make payments?

There are four options for payment:

  1. 1) You may make payment through EMPOWER ( I strongly encourage this option).
    It's quick and simple. First log in to your EMPOWER account, hover on the Financials tab, then drop down to Billing Detail Summary. Then you will just fill in the blanks! This payment option is available 24 hours - 7 days a week and effective immediately. ** (you will need a debit/credit card or pay-pal account)

  2. You may mail the payment in to (allow 5 days for sufficient mailing time).
    Jacksonville College
    105 B.J. Albritton
    Jacksonville, Tx 75766
    Attn: Jennifer Hughes
    (Remember to reference the student's name on the check)

  3. You may pay over the phone.
    My office number is 903-586-2518 ext.7107 or 903-589-7107. We take MasterCard, Visa or Discover debit/credit cards only. No checks will be accepted over the phone. Please keep in mind that I am not always available to take calls. You may need to leave a voicemail, and I will return your call as soon as possible.

  4. You may make your payment in person: We accept cash, check, MasterCard, Visa or Discover debit/credit cards. If you come to the office, please be aware that there may be a wait. Customers may be asked to sign in, and will be seen in the order on the sign-in sheet. Again, I am not always available at various times of the day.

Why do I have a hold on my account?

There are a number of reasons that your account may be on hold. If you see that you have a hold on your account, look at the hold description, that will tell you which department placed the hold on your account. You should contact that office to see why they have placed your account on hold.

How do I order a transcript?

You may only order a transcript online through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Do I need a parking permit? How do I get one?

You will need a parking permit if you are a student who will be living on or visiting the campus during long terms. (Winter and Summer terms do not require permits). Parking permits are free.

You can find the Permit Request on EMPOWER. Simply fill out the online form, for each vehicle that you will be driving to campus. Security will hand out permits within the first couple of weeks of the long semesters. It is your responsibility to pick up your permit from the Security Department within the first two weeks or you will be subject to parking fines.